Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Groceries

Today, Barrett and I made a quick run to Walmart for some essentials, but we didn't get very far. I had planned to make a stop by Kroger as well, but his naptime in the carrier was interrupted twice - first by some admirers that I didn't know who made me just a little uncomfortable with their weird conversation, and then by some friends that just wanted to say hello. Needless to say, we didn't quite make it to Kroger.

He did get back to sleep, right as we were making the turn to come back home and is still napping! I am thankful for the naptime, but it didn't exactly fit in with my "plan" for the day. I think that God is teaching me that our best laid plans don't always work out! I always say that I used to like having all of my "ducks in a row" but better just get used to roasted duck because more often than not, that is what happens - MY precious little ducks in a row get roasted - but God gives me something so much better! That is what happens for me - Barrett's sweet naptime is so much better!

I think I will enlist the help of my sweet husband tonight so I can finally make that run to Kroger that I have been tentatively planning all week. Their sales are the best! So, I am now on the hunt for quick and healthy recipes to add to our family favorites. If you have any ideas, please send them my way!

Just for kicks - here is a picture of my little napping boy yesterday at naptime...don't you just love it??

No comments:

Post a Comment