Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back to Work

So, this week was the return of the Big W. Work that is, for me. I really wasn't sure how to approach this new change in our lives, but have been blessed with a wonderful job and fantastic boss and co-workers, so we at least needed to try it out.

March 1st was my first day back and it turned out to be an adventure all its own. I had to take B to the doctor that morning for some skin issues and had to keep him out of day care, so he got to go to work with Mom on her first day!!

The first full day of day care was really March 2nd and he handled it like a champ!! His day care is only five minutes from my office, which is super convenient. I get to drop him off, go back a few hours later to feed him during my lunch break, and return a few hours later to drive home. Our first week has been a tremendous success. The ladies at the day care just love Barrett and he has been totally exhausted at the end of the day.

I have really enjoyed being back to work as well. My biggest surprise has been my own efficiency. I am amazed at how much I can actually accomplish during the day (and the evening too.) It seems like now every minute has a purpose! My job is very rewarding and my co-workers are some of the best people around. I also have a new appreciation for working parents everywhere!! (And stay-at-home parents too!!)

We are so very blessed that the Big W has turned out so well for us! We thank you all for your prayers and thoughts abour returning to work - and we'll keep you posted!

1 comment: