Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Barrett's First Trip

A little over two weeks ago, Barrett had one of his biggest firsts - A trip to Texas!! We are so blessed that we have such a wonderful family and friends who love him so much. Because of Ryan's work schedule, he had to stay behind this time, but Barrett and I did not want to miss out on a trip before I returned to work. So, on February 17, we loaded up and made the big trip. I will say, for at least a month prior to the trip, I was SO NERVOUS! Flying alone with a baby is not for the faint of heart. However, Barrett was an absolute champ and we made it to Texas without incident.



We started out our trip meeting this guy in the airport! These two seem to just love each other - as evidenced by many photos from the weekend. I just know this is a special relationship in the making. There are all kinds of fun memories to be made!



Barrett got to meet all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins - even little Preslee! They just loved each other right from the start. It will be so much fun to see them at Christmas time next year.


With cousin Hilary and Preslee


With Grandma and Aunt Cindy
We got to see nearly everyone from our wonderful family and a few VERY special friends too!


PeeWee and Duke just had to get in on the action


Barrett even had his first visit to Aunt Nancy's class to meet some VERY special friends!
They were all so excited  to meet the little guy they had heard so much about.



Loving on his Grammy


Can you tell he's a proud Grandpa?


Grandma just loves this baby!!




All of this visiting has worn me out!!


Cindy and Lexie


Uncle Robert


Aunt Kathy


Cousins Carly and Carson

Sweet hugs from Aunt Ade



Love from Aunt Ade and Brent


Bath Time!!

We also got to spend some wonderful time with one of my oldest best friends, Courtney and her baby girl Harper. It was SO much fun to catch up and talk about life as a new mom!! We are so blessed to have such a special friendship.


Ryan's Aunt Donna came to visit!


Visiting with his Nanna Debbie



Aunt Val 


Saying "hi" to Dad! 





Sadly, after a few days, it was time to leave some of our favorite people and return home. I think our return trip was one of our most interesting adventures. Nancy and Grandma took us to the airport. After saying our goodbyes and shedding a few tears, we learned that our flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection back to Tri-Cities. We decided to book a later flight out of Dallas and try to get home on the 10:00 p.m. flight leaving Atlanta. I was one unhappy mama to learn that they refused to book me on a flight the following day, but it was my only option. We made a stop at Braum's - YUM! - where we could all get something to eat. Thankfully my parents have a car that is big enough for stretching out, so little Barrett could have some play time while we waited. We went back over to the airport and said our goodbyes and shed tears a SECOND time. I went through security and found my gate, only to find that this flight was...DELAYED!! I called Nancy and told her to pull over because it looked like we were going back to Mabank.  There was NO gate agent available, so I found an exit to get back to the ticket counter. The line was 25 people deep and going nowhere fast. At this point, I had a sleeping baby in my arms and was standing in line for almost 30 minutes when I realized that I too was in the wrong line. I decided to ask a mom with a stroller in the next line what she was waiting on. Fortunately, she gave me a phone number and they had us booked on a flight for the next day in about five minutes!

All in all, it wasn't too bad because we got to spend one more night with my parents, but I would have much preferred not to waste five hours in a car and the airport. We finally made it home to Tennessee and were SO grateful that we had the opportunity (and the guts) to take our first trip to Texas. We just can't wait until the next time when Ryan can go with us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment