Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

December activities

Now that I have shared our Christmas post, I thought I should recap the December activities for memory's sake. We had so many fun outings that I couldn't help myself! Our little town is the oldest town in our state, and hosts many cute little Christmas celebrations. From a traditional tree lighting to a Santa and Mrs. Claus who sit on a sleigh on Main Street, no activity is left uncovered. We tried to enjoy as many of these as we could (and as Barrett would allow.) Making memories together is just so much fun!

In early December, we visited the downtown tree lighting. After rushing through our afternoon errands, we made it just in time! Barrett was almost ready to walk alone, so he had more fun running up and down the street than anything else, but it was so sweet to be able to watch him love the lights on the tree!


Hanging with Daddy


And, he's off!


My smiley boy


Beautiful tree

The rest of the month was a bit crazy. With call schedules and normal life, we didn't have time for much else. We did try to keep up with everyone as much as possible. Here you can see a few shots of Barrett doing what he does best - entertaining! He loves to talk on the phone and really had a great time "decking the Hall's."


MUAH!  


Mom, these are soooo cool!


Okay, that's it, I'm busting out of this joint


Daddy and Barrett helping to make things a little festive 


WOW... his favorite phrase when it came to the Christmas tree. Every morning when we went into the living room, he would insist that we turn on the lights first thing. I just love it that my boy already loves Christmas as much as I do!


Walking in Daddy's shoes


Enjoying some yummy dinner


Precious


Visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus in downtown Jonesborough - he loved Mrs. Claus, but wasn't too sure about Mr. Santa.


Okay, not sure at all about Santa...


Maybe I'll just send him a letter instead.

We also have the most WONDERFUL group of friends. They are really more like our little Resident Family. We get together to celebrate all sorts of special occasions and help each other out any way that we can through this five years of crazy. These are a few shots from our "Resident Family Christmas."


Barrett entertaining all of us with a song...


Maddie, B, and Ellie

These last few are especially for Grandma. I just thought she might like to see how much Barrett loves the rocking chair she brought for him this summer. He loves to climb up in the chair and just rock away. I still have a hard time believing that he is old enough to do this, but I guess time flies when you are having fun!


Just rocking away and looking so cute!



Another of his favorite activities is carrying things around. This is a Christmas box that we used to wrap a gift, but Barrett found it the PERFECT size for toting around the house!

 

Exchanging a few gifts with Maddie and Jon Michael - so precious!




WHEW! December was super busy and super fun. I think I will plan a little better next year so I remember to get things going early!

No comments:

Post a Comment