Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Randoms

So, it's been quite the week at the Hall house. Ryan was gone for four days to a conference in Birmingham, leaving the B man and I to fend for ourselves. We had a great time together, just playing and doing what we do, with the exception of one minor unwanted friend - vomit. Yuck.

Due to some nasty drainage, the little guy's tummy was a little wacky, so we enjoyed four fun-filled days of yucky. Needless to say, Ryan and I had the most un-romantic Valentine's day ever. I took Barrett to the doctor to figure out the culprit, which was just a little acid reflux due to the combination of penicillin, drainage, and a little tummy irritation. Ryan got back into town just in time to meet us at the doctor's office, where we picked up a quick prescription for some generic Pepcid and were on our merry way.

We spent the rest of our Valentine's Day cooking a little dinner and watching a movie together before crashing. Romance? Maybe next year. All I had for my sweet Valentine was a card I picked up a few weeks ago. So sad. Barrett and I were going to make some little lovies for our favorite people, but that will need to wait until next year too. Sorry folks.

Anywho, we've got big exciting plans for the weekend - the GRANDPARENTS are coming!! Woohoo!! Grammy, Pops, Aunt Nance and Dustin will be joining us for a few days and a fun visit. The crazy folks are making the 16 hour drive to come and spend their free weekend with us - let the spoiling begin! We don't have many big plans, but I'm sure we can come up with something.

Anyone heard of The Color Run? My BFF Abbey mentioned this on Facebook earlier this week and it piqued my interest, so today, while I was supposed to be doing other things, I looked up The Color Run.


What is the Color Run?
The Color Run is a one of a kind experience that is less about speed and more about enjoying a color crazy day with your friends and family. Our events, are all about people of all different speeds, ages, shapes, and sizes toeing the start line. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of the Color Run course will be the most enjoyable real estate you’ve traveled in a VERY long time.
How does it work?
The Color Run pretty much has 2 SIMPLE rules. 1. White shirts (any mostly white T will work great) mandatory at the start line and 2. Color plastered EVERYTHING at the finish!  Runner/walkers begin the 5k at the start line like a brand new pristine coloring book, they end looking like they fell into a Willy Wonka… tye died… vat of colored goodness.



So, I'm thinking this sounds like a must-do in my book. These are the next two. Who's with me??

TENNESSEE/ October 20 **REGISTRATION OPENS SOON

NORTH CAROLINA / October 27 *REGISTRATION OPENS SOON


That's all the randomness for today folks. Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. think J would let me fly down to run with you? Because I TOTALLY would!!

    ReplyDelete