Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Ryan!!

Exactly thirty years ago today, something wonderful happened. A sweet baby boy was born in Sherman, Texas. Today, I want you all to know just how wonderful this Oklahoma boy is. I know that I am a little biased because he is my husband, but he truly is one of the kindest, most gentle people I have ever met. Loved by everyone, his bright smile and those cute dimples seem to have a way with people...especially me and the old ladies who are his patients.



Ryan loves his Jesus, his family, and his Sooners - which even this Cowboy fan has grown to love (or at least cheer for.) His care for other people makes him an excellent doctor and an even better husband and friend. He works hard, plays hard, and loves even harder. Even though his job carries a workload and stress level most of us cannot imagine, he always leaves it at the front door. With little time for rest and relaxation, he makes the best of the circumstances and has as much fun as he can on a limited schedule.




He is the true definition of a friend.  
   

Always up for an adventure, he is one of the most fun guys I know. Whether it is learning to do a backflip off of a boat, taking ballroom dance classes, or running a race - this guy knows how to have a good time!





He is the BEST husband I could have ever asked for. When I prayed for a husband, I had a "checklist." Ryan met every single one of those criteria and more. I remember our first date and knowing I would marry him from the time he rang the doorbell! My oh my, how far we've come!



I learn something about life from him each and every day. His patience and grace are something to be admired - especially with all of my crazy hare-brained ideas. He always agrees to my "bright ideas" without complaint, even if some of them aren't so bright. We have had more fun and great adventures together than I can count and I know there are many more to come.




Ryan is the most thoughtful man I have ever met. Ever the romantic, any gift from him is sure to be just the thing to knock your socks off! He makes me laugh constantly and appreciates my sense of humor, no matter how warped it may be. His strength makes him the person I can count on and he is the voice of reason when I need one. He is the one I want to come home to every night and the hand that I want to hold. He truly is my best friend.



Not only is Ryan a fantastic husband, but he is the BEST Dad ever!! Barrett is his pride and joy. From day one, Ryan has been my right hand man, never leaving me to go it alone. I truly don't know what I would do without him. Whether changing dirty diapers, helping with bath time, or taking bedtime duty, he is always there. No matter how little sleep he has had, he never tires of being the Dad that any child would love to have.





Barrett loves his Daddy so much and is a true Daddy's boy!




There are so many things to love about my sweet husband and words alone cannot express just how wonderful you are to me and how much you mean to us. So today, honey, on your 30th birthday, I want you to know just how much I love you. I am so proud to be your wife. Here's to 100 more birthdays together!









No comments:

Post a Comment